Advanced ICU Care (www.advancedicucare.com)rapidly growing, venture backed, technology enabled health care services company is a leader in the hospital based tele-medicine space, providing tele-ICU services to 55 hospitals (and growing) throughout the nation. We are an organization that rewards creativity, collaboration, innovation, and results.
The APP formulates clinical decisions to manage acute and chronic adult illnesses through the use of telehealth. Conducts comprehensive health assessments, demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill in the diagnosis and treatment of complex medical problems of ICU patients. Integrates professional experience, education, and leadership into the assigned clinical role. Functions and promotes an environment of collegial relationships with nursing peers, physicians, client hospitals and Advanced ICU Care leadership.
♦ Evaluation and assessment of remote patients
– Secure a health history from the patient or family, ICU nurses and/or physicians, and/or client hospital’s records (faxed paper records, or by accessing each hospital’s H.I.S.).
– Evaluate patient information and treat new adult medical and surgical admissions and intervene to prevent further deterioration.
– Evaluate and assess above information to create a plan of care.
– Complete patient’s assessment using remote access tools; document all applicable notes (admission, brief prognosis, etc.) in eCareManager®.
♦ Analysis of Patient Data
– Determine health status and identify differential diagnoses based on history and clinical findings.
– Use data from appropriate invasive and non-invasive monitoring devices to titrate therapy in the ICU.
– Use patient population management tools found in eCareManager.
Demonstrate ability to create and document physician approved diagnosis.
♦ Orders pertinent diagnostic tests and interventions based on patients’ condition.
– Initiate advanced cardiac life support until the code team arrives; supports remote code team as requested.
– Stabilize critically ill patients with impending or active organ failure (respiratory, cardiac, neurologic, hepatic, gastrointestinal, hematologic, renal, etc.) or life-threatening electrolyte and acid-base disturbances, or poisonings.Follow Advanced ICU Care and customer specific workflows, policies and procedures, and standing orders.
– Respond to patient hemodynamic alarms and/or alerts and provide appropriate interventions.
♦ Collaboration with the monitoring center intensivist
– Must meet all requirements and remain compliant according to the collaborative agreement with the Advanced ICU Care Monitoring Center Medical Director.
– Formulates a plan of care for the patient.
– Assures best practices are ordered on all patients.
– Manages therapeutic regime as outlined by established protocols. (Protocols are guidelines concerning patient care that are established between the physician and APP – see collaborative agreement for further details).
– Confers with physician for clinical direction as outlined by protocols.
– Documents patient care outcomes to determine effectiveness of the plan for care.
– Communicates the plan and outcomes with the tele-ICU physician and bedside clinicians.
– Coordinates with tele-ICU physician for admitting and discharging assigned patients.
– Coordinates with tele- ICU physician for treating patients based upon client’s physician category selection.
– Coordinates with tele-ICU physician and Respiratory Therapy staff regarding patients on mechanical ventilation using a variety of techniques for spontaneous breathing trials.
– Communicates changes in patient status to the monitoring center intensivist.
– Follows up on interventions to evaluate their effectiveness.
♦ Customer Service
– Communicates with all client hospital staff in a timely, professional manner.
– Modifies communication skills when using audio – visual technology.
– Engages and interacts with the bedside clinicians on a frequent and routine basis.
– Effectively communicates with members of the Advanced ICU Care team and bedside ICU interdisciplinary team in a collegial manner to provide safe and error-free care during routine care and emergent conditions.
– Assists and improves the clinical skill of ICU nurses and ancillary personnel in caring for critically ill patients.
– Maintains confidentiality and privacy with regard to patient, team members and organizational issues.
– Works as a team player, supporting and assisting fellow team members.
– Enhances team effectiveness through team spirit and dependability.
– Demonstrates ethical conduct and serves as a positive role model to others at all levels of the organization.
♦ Department Specific
– Must remain current on competencies and professional practice standards to meet all Joint Commission Accreditation standards.
– Comply with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
– Attend variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
– Demonstrate use of quality improvement in daily operations.
– Comply with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
– Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
– Proficiency in the use of technical and clinical based applications.
– Ability to document in electronic medical records and the use of multiple health information systems.
– MSN degree and graduate of an approved Acute Nurse Practitioner program with certification.
– Must be certified in BLS, and ACLS. CCRN certification also desirable.
– 3-5 years of experience in an Acute Nurse Practitioner role.
– Will consider an new grad ACNP, along with 5-10 years of experience as a staff nurse in critical care.
– Must be able to obtain multi-state licensure(s).